Corporate and Governance Manager, eGaming (Isle of Man Office)/* * Job detail page **/?>
Our eGaming team works with some of the largest remote gambling operators in the world to ensure they run efficiently and compliantly, reducing corporate risk and protecting players in the process. Over the course of ten years we have developed a dominant market position in key jurisdictions by developing, maturing, and growing in parallel with the market, embracing the entrepreneurial spirit of this dynamic technology sector.
As we continue to expand our offering and client base, we have identified a new opportunity for a high-performing, client-focused individual to develop their corporate management skills with a key focus on implementing a strong governance framework and processes for our gaming clients, engaging with stakeholders to build a strong shared culture of responsibility.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a driven Senior Administrator to step up into a management position. With support from the small but skilled governance team, you will:
- Develop strong relationships with client stakeholders, identifying opportunities and reacting to challenges with intelligence and insight.
- Design and implement best-in-class governance frameworks for major international companies serving – and protecting – millions of players.
- Have exposure to all areas of international gambling compliance and the chance to apply company management and client service skills in a fast-paced and interesting setting.
- Willing to manage and mentor a team.
To fit into the team and to ensure success in the role, you will need to be hyper-focused on driving positive results for clients over both the short and long term. The following will also be advantageous:
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build a rapport with senior client representatives.
- The ability not just to organise complex and demanding task flows, but to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to consistently deliver them.
- Working in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Experience in corporate services working at a Senior Administrator level.
Our offices are located in our headquarters building on North Quay in Douglas, providing easy access to the town centre where you will find a large choice of eateries and restaurants to enjoy with your team at lunch or after work. We're also well-known for our charitable contributions and annual parties, so it's not just work you can get excited about.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, performance related bonus and a comprehensive flexible benefits package, which may include flexible working hours, healthcare, childcare assistance, and pension scheme. Full training will be given together with the career opportunities commensurate with a growing team sitting within a large independent group of companies.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV along with a cover letter to